Chinese Whispers + San Francisco Maritime National Historical Park celebrate Spring Festival 2015
Celebrating Spring Renewal
Saturday, March 14, 2015
The Year of the Green Wood Ram symbolizes camaraderie and growth. Come celebrate community vitality with us aboard the 1886 square rigger Balclutha! Join us in cultivating community voices while enjoying a rich panoply of stories amidst the incomparable ambience of this National Historic Landmark vessel.
· LISTEN to stories from diverse cultural perspectives on the early Chinese communities, including from Jack London, Robert Louis Stevenson, and Italian American fishermen in San Francisco; and hear CW stories about SF Bay’s rich maritime history.
· GET ENERGIZED by slam poet Jason Bayani’s riveting performance of poems he’s creating especially for this event!
· GET INSPIRED by new year stories and stories of renewal in our premiere Community StoryShare!
· JOIN the StoryShare* with your own story on the theme of cultivating beginnings and community renewal!
· CONNECT with community in audience discussions about the day’s stories.
*StoryShare is open to all, PRE-REGISTRATION IS REQUIRED. Stories can be about any culture. For details about participating, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with “STORYSHARE” in the subject line.
Space is limited – COME EARLY!